Thursday, August 23, 2012

To My Last Heartbreaker

Yes as you can read on the title
I'm writing this song for you
No, I'm not begging for your love
No confessions of feeling blue

The rain starts to pour heavily
As I remember the day I start feeling empty
We were laying down on a warm August day
Our thoughts in the air
And your fingers in my hair

And as my hands start to linger
I hear your words start to anger
"Why, my dear?" I question
But you left in a hurry situation

I followed you to the dark
And then I saw her arms on yours
I hurry out as I was in shock
Reality, tearing down the walls
Walls of our happily ever after
Fading away
One hit after another

"How could you do this to me?"
I asked you bluntly
"Doing what, honey?"
You try to run away from me
Never you confess
All the lies and mess
But now after its all said and done
After goodbye and realizing you weren't the one


How do you feel? I wonder
Was it worth it to leave it all behind?
What was it were you after?
Satisfaction or a chance to rewind?

All these questions now fill the empty spaces between us
We were once so strong
But you just had to let it go


Wait what am I doing?
No, I won't go back to this!
What is it with us
That makes it so hard to just leave it all behind?

Let's just stop right here
And put an end to our story
But I hope one day
You won't wake up filled with regrets
Looking back at your life
And say "oh I'm such a tragic mess!"

No comments:

Post a Comment